SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE PHASES
Securing applications in systems development life cycle phases.
To improve application security, development teams require sophisticated software testing techniques for all systems development life cycle phases. Traditionally, developers have been resistant to any testing technologies that hinder the speed of development. Success is often dependent upon bringing new applications and updates to market quickly, and security testing has often been at odds with this need for speed. But with majority of successful cyber attacks today directed at applications, the need to embed security throughout the software develop process has become critically apparent.
For a variety of reasons, development organizations have tended to relegate testing to later systems development life cycle phases. When developers are pressing to meet deadlines, interrupting the coding process to open a separate testing system is cumbersome and time-consuming. But while developers prefer to avoid testing during early systems development life cycle phases, it’s far more costly to fix flaws discovered late in the development process.
Veracode offers a solution: a subscription-based suite of testing technologies that can be integrated into all systems development life cycle phases and all systems development life cycle models.
Testing solutions for systems development life cycle phases from Veracode.
Veracode provides application security testing solutions that enable organizations to better protect the mission-critical software they depend on. Combining process, speed and automation, our services make it easy to embed security into all systems development life cycle phases, finding and fixing flaws at the most cost-efficient point in the development lifecycle.
Our technologies include:
- Veracode Greenlight, a tool for identifying flaws in the earliest systems development life cycle phases. Greenlight runs in the background of a developer’s IDE to provide immediate feedback when flaws are detected and offer contextual remediation advice.
- Veracode Static Analysis, a service that can scan code in multiple systems development life cycle phases to identify vulnerabilities in microservices, desktop, mobile and web applications.
- Web Application Scanning, a service that identifies and monitors all web applications in production, performing lightweight and critical scans as needed to mitigate risk.
- Software Composition Analysis, a tool for identifying risk in open source components.
- Vendor Application Security Testing, a service for identifying risk in third-party applications.
Benefits of Veracode’s technology for systems development life cycle phases.
With Veracode application security testing solutions, organizations can embed testing into all systems development life cycle phases in order to:
- Automate security testing by executing tests as a routine step in the build process.
- Improve efficiency by reducing false positives and providing detailed line-of-code level results that allow developers to locate flaws faster and prioritize fixes more easily.
- Accelerate development timelines with test results that are returned quickly – usually within four hours or less.
Learn more about application security and systems development life cycle phases. Or get a systems development life cycle definition and answers to questions such as “What is system development life cycle?”and “What is an application?”