Protect applications with integrated software testing solutions
Software testing to find flaws and vulnerabilities in code is a critical part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) – especially as attacks at the application layer have become the #1 threat to enterprise security.
Yet testing web applications and mobile applications is often a lower priority for development teams that are trying to meet ever tighter deadlines. Traditional application security testing methods are time-consuming and fragmented, leading to delays in software builds. Consequently, software testing often takes place late in the development process, when fixing flaws is more expensive.
Clearly, development teams need security testing tools for mobile applications and web applications that are automated and easy to use, helping to maintain or accelerate the pace of the development process. That’s where Veracode can help.
Software testing with Veracode
Veracode provides a scalable, cloud-based service for application security and software testing that helps to reduce risk across web, mobile and third-party applications. Recognized as a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader since 2010, Veracode helps to provide software testing and application security for hundreds of the world’s largest global enterprises.
Veracode’s software testing solutions combine automation, process and speed to seamlessly integrate testing into a variety of software development models. With solutions that enable end-to-end automated web testing and mobile app testing, Veracode helps to significantly improve software security without needing additional staff, equipment or resources.
Veracode’s comprehensive software testing tools
Software testing tools from Veracode include:
- Static Analysis Security Testing: Veracode’s automated static software testing solution scans binaries to quickly identify and remediate flaws without requiring developers to manage a tool. Static analysis can quickly conduct a security assessment of web, mobile, desktop and back-end applications, providing accurate results that are prioritized on severity to help developers remediate flaws most efficiently, leading to more secure applications.
- Veracode Greenlight: By scanning in the background as developers write code, Veracode Greenlight helps to find and fix flaws quickly and easily within a normal development workflow. By identifying flaws early, this software testing tool helps to reduce the cost of testing and trains developers to write more secure code from the start.
- Software Composition Analysis: This software testing tool helps to identify vulnerabilities in open source and commercial code. The Veracode Application Security Platform analyzes both proprietary and open source code in a single scan to deliver visibility across the entire application landscape.
- Veracode also offers a manual web application pen test.
Benefits of Veracode’s software testing technology
With software testing solutions from Veracode, development teams can:
• Accelerate timelines with fast software testing tools designed for agile and DevOps development processes.
• Reduce the burden of testing by automating processes at every step in the build process.
• Increase the accuracy of software testing by combining a variety of testing methodologies.
• Resolve issues quickly with step-by-step guidance from Veracode security experts.
Learn more about software testing with Veracode.