SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE METHODOLOGIES
Adding security to software development lifecycle methodologies.
Development teams use a variety of software development lifecycle methodologies today as they race to release quality applications faster. While each has its own advantages and disadvantages, all software development lifecycle models share a common challenge – integrating application security testing into the software development lifecycle process.
The need for security is often at odds with the need for speed in software development processes. In today’s business environment, developers are on the front lines of bringing innovation to market – releasing new and updated applications with greater speed is critical to competitiveness. But software is also the primary target of most attacks and most successful breaches, making it imperative that development teams have robust testing technology in place for all systems development life cycle models.
The challenge is clear: traditional testing technologies introduce delays into all software development lifecycle methodologies. Consequently, development teams often don’t prioritize security, relying instead on inconsistent testing practices with poor visibility and little budget support. The results are inevitable: 80% of applications feel their first security test.
Veracode provides an alternative – a suite of subscription-based application security testing services that enable relevant teams to easily integrate testing into all software development lifecycle methodologies without slowing the pace of development.
Veracode testing solutions for software development lifecycle methodologies.
Veracode is a leading provider of application security testing solutions that help protect the software that drives innovation and productivity worldwide. Combining automation, process and speed, Veracode seamlessly integrates testing into software development lifecycle methodologies to eliminate flaws during the lowest-cost point in the development/deployment chain.
The Veracode Application Security Platform offers a wide range of testing and threat mitigation technologies that can be used with all software development lifecycle methodologies. Our services include:
- Veracode Greenlight, a solution that runs in the background of a developer’s IDE to identify potential flaws as code is being written.
- Static Analysis, a service that delivers consistent, high-quality scanning results for all apps and that can scale easily without requiring additional resources. Static Analysis can assess the security of microservices, web, desktop and mobile applications.
- Web Application Scanning, a service that finds, secures and monitors all web applications, running lightweight scans on thousands of sites in parallel and authenticated scans on critical applications.
- Vendor Application Security Testing, a scalable program for managing third-party software risk.
- Software Composition Analysis, a solution for inventorying and identifying vulnerabilities in open source and commercial code.
Benefits of Veracode technology for software development lifecycle methodologies.
By incorporating Veracode’s testing services into software development lifecycle methodologies, development teams can:
- Automate testing procedures with solutions that can be routinely executed as a standard step in the build process. This is especially helpful for the agile software development life cycle, which relies heavily on automation to meet sprint deadlines.
- Improve accuracy of testing with detailed line-of-code level results that help teams locate and prioritize fixes.
- Accelerate development timelines with solutions that return results quickly.
Learn more about adding testing to software development lifecycle methodologies, and about what is system development life cycle.